Saturday 3 April 2010

Car shiiit

After a little bit of research, I've concluded I'm going to have to wait a while for a 309, the thing about it, is that it's an old car with a big engine, and renowned for being a boy racers car (although a really upmarket one at that). Quotes were sky high. So in a weird twist of irony, I'm going to have to settle and buy a Mk4 Golf GT TDI and go for the 130ps version..a shit hot quick car, I'm planning on doing it properly and going down to AMD Essex and getting it re-mapped for about £400. They do a good job and they're really decent guys I gather. Insurance is manageable, only a hundred quid more than what I'm paying now. 0-60 in about 8 seconds, a pretty hot hatch. Of course I could go all balls and get the 150 horsepower version, but the thing is, I think it uses the same diesel engine as the 130, and remapping the 150 would push the engine to its limits and fuck it up. So i'm playing it safe, yet still getting a shit hot car for a really good price!

No comments:

Post a Comment